Welcome to our blog... here you will read about the experiences of our family... a dad, a mom, four daughters and a son... presented with faith, love, and just a touch of sarcasm.

Monday, July 5, 2010

We're Home!

We made it back!  It has come to my attention that I forgot to mention an important part of our trip.  "The Traveling" (ominous music).  The kids and I drove, and we took along my friend Roselle and her kids(4).  We had 9 (nine, in case you think I made a typo) kids in our car, it was something (for lack of a better word).  We just got a fourth row seat for our Excursion and we installed it the day before we left.  My car now holds 11 people.  I love it!  It worked so good on our trip, things were tight, but everyone had a car seat if they needed it, or a seat belt, or whatever.  On the way there we started early in the morn, and drove all day.  It's normally a 14 hour drive for us, but took 18.  It was awful and good at the same time.  Good because the kids were really good, and only the two little ones broke down the last few hours.  Awful because, well, because it was an 18 hour car drive with 9 kids (duh!)  On the way back we changed our tactic and drove starting at 10 at night.  I think we shaved an hour or two off our time.  Worth it.  Especially because most of the kids were comatose for 8 of those hours.  I don't have any pictures of the drive, apparently I had other things on my mind (like resisting the urge to abandon ship, lol.)  Roselle's family is moving from Cali, so that's our last trip together (sigh.)  Anyway, we're glad to be home!  Yeah for Idaho!

3 comments:

van Zwol Family said...

That is CRAZY! That's a lot of kids and a lot of driving. You always amaze me at what you attempt to do and succeed in doing with little kids. =0) Roselle's parents are moving out of Ca?!?

Jennifer said...

Crazy is the key word. Wouldn't attempt this as a sane person. As it is, I don't have far to go, lol. they're moving to Colorado, this was their last fam get together in Cali.

Sarah T. said...

Jen, you and Roselle AMAZE me. I['m glad you had such a good time. Hope things are going well for you up on the farm.

sarah