Welcome to our blog... here you will read about the experiences of our family... a dad, a mom, four daughters and a son... presented with faith, love, and just a touch of sarcasm.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

what's up this week

So, I'm determined to post once a week or so, the trouble is that I don't know what the heck to talk about. Then I looked through my recent pics, and there's none of them either, except this one, of Cynthia and Hanna sleeping. I could come up with a more comfortable place to sleep than the back of a couch, but to each his own I suppose. One thing I did recently was put all my digital pictures from the last two years in photo albums. One for the family, and an album for each of the kids. Since getting high speed Internet, picture organizing has become much easier. I just upload them to Walmart.com, tell them how many I want of each one, and they sent them to my door for cheap, I never had to leave the house! Another thing I did was had a friend come over and we organized the basement. My basement is a dirt floored un-inhabitable area of my house, so we use the whole thing for storage. It's so gross though, and so we had to install shelves (there were none) and it's still gross, but at least we can put things off the floor. All my food storage is down there, and all my extra stuff to (ie. hand me down clothes that are too big, Christmas decorations, etc.). Getting that organized was nice because then I could put all the things away that were cluttering up the rest of my house (mainly all the too-big or too-small clothes). What a relief! This weeks project is I'm in charge of a Halloween party for Christy's kindergarten class. It's going to be so fun. We have games planned, and the kids want to have Pumpkin pie for a treat, and then they get to put on their costumes and parade around to the other classes. There's lots of moms who are willing to help, and it will be fun to get to know Christy's class-mates a little better. Then we get to see Cynthia put on her costume and her class is parading too. Cynthia is a Witch, Christy is a Butterfly, Hanna and Axel are Crayons (costumes that my brother Erik and I wore when we were little, I'll see if I can find a Pic. of us to show with the pic. of them, we'll see). The kids have been sick, fevers and sore throats and colds too. Hopefully by Halloween we will all be better so we can enjoy our day. Brody is still very busy with fall work and Cattle, but hopefully we will see him soon. Everyone have a great week!

3 comments:

grandma said...

Jen,
It was so good to catch up with you via your blog. Everyone looks healthy and happy. Congrats on the upcoming #5. Where did you get the name Axel from? Linda Romer

Sunshine said...

You know that now that you put the blog in the christmas letter, you HAVE to keep it up each week? :) Good to catch up with your happenings!

Queen Mommy said...

Hey cutie! :) You're as bad as I am at keeping a blog updated! Way cute though. I hope you are all well, and ready for a new year. (AH!)